CANCELLED – 2020 Convention Registration opens 29 Feb 2020 – CANCELLED
VAPS holds an annual Convention every year where members of different clubs come together to learn more about photography. There are presentations by guest speakers, workshops and photographic excursions to participate in and of course interaction with members from other clubs. It is a great forum for exchanging ideas about the activities of other clubs.
The convention is organised by a VAPS Committee member, the Convention Director, who co-opts other committee members as required. In addition, a nominating VAPS affiliated club helps to host the event and their members assist in organising various aspects of the Convention.
Features of the Conventions include:
• Presentations by guest speakers who may be professional photographers or who may work in allied professions
• Workshops and outdoor location photo shoots conducted by experienced photographers
• The annual VAPS Interclub Competition
• Saturday evening Annual dinner and Friday evening pre-convention social event
• Presentation of awards for both years of service to one or more clubs, and for service to the photography movement in Victoria
• The Convention Booklet, which includes the following information:
• Details of the Convention program
• Profiles of the lecturers and judges
• Recipients of VAPS year bars
• Winners of the Interclub Competition
• Details of the Interclub Competition entries
The 2020 convention will be held in Wangaratta on the last weekend in June – 26-28th June 2020.